Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Link Complete Sheet

I have to link complete sheet to another sheet

e.g. if i do the changes in one sheet, the changes should reflect in other
sheet.
How do i do???????????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Add this formula to A1 of Sheet2:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Copy the formula across the row for as many columns as you want to
cover, then copy all these formulae down as many rows as you need.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 23, 8:01 am, VIVEKMANE
wrote:
I have to link complete sheet to another sheet

e.g. if i do the changes in one sheet, the changes should reflect in other
sheet.
How do i do???????????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, that is what I said:

Copy the formula across the row for as many columns as you want to
cover, then copy all these formulae down as many rows as you need.

You only need to copy it to the cells that you are using in Sheet1,
though, not to every cell in 256 columns by 65532 rows !!

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:
I have to link complete sheet to another sheet

e.g. if i do the changes in one sheet, the changes should reflect in other
sheet.
How do i do???????????- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Pete,

There was one more problem, if u can help me?
"I am prepairing master sheet based on 14 sheets. I need to copy
data from every sheet and paste it into the master sheet. So, is there any
shortcut or formula for the same to paste all the 14 sheets to a single
master sheet.

Regards,
Vivek Mane
"

wrote:
I have to link complete sheet to another sheet

e.g. if i do the changes in one sheet, the changes should reflect in other
sheet.
How do i do???????????- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want to add all the data from cell B2, say, on all 14 sheets
and put the result in B2 of the master sheet? Or, are you wanting to
have, say, 14 rows in your master sheet which picks up a sumary total
from each of your subsidiary sheets? Or, what are you trying to do? If
you can explain this in a bit more detail then it makes it easier to
suggest an appropriate solution.

Pete

wrote:
I have to link complete sheet to another sheet

e.g. if i do the changes in one sheet, the changes should reflect in other
sheet.
How do i do???????????- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I will give u 1 example for the same as follow :

Sheet1 ----
A B
1 Location Query category STATUS
2 MUMBAI Application/ Technical Closed N/A
3 MUMBAI General/ Others Open N/A
4 MUMBAI Application/ Technical Closed N/A

Sheet2 ----
A B
1 Location Query category STATUS
2 DELHI Application/ Technical Open N/A
3 DELHI General/ Others Open N/A
4 DELHI Application/ Technical Closed N/A
5 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A
6 GOA General/ Others Closed N/A
7 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A

Sheet3 ----
A B
1 Location Query category STATUS
2 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A
3 GOA General/ Others Closed N/A
4 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A

I want the above all sheets data in one sheet.
i.e the result should be as follow :

SHEET4 as

A B
1 Location Query category STATUS
2 MUMBAI Application/ Technical Closed N/A
3 MUMBAI General/ Others Open N/A
4 MUMBAI Application/ Technical Closed N/A
5 Location Query category STATUS
6 DELHI Application/ Technical Open N/A
7 DELHI General/ Others Open N/A
8 DELHI Application/ Technical Closed N/A
9 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A
10 GOA General/ Others Closed N/A
11 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A
12 Location Query category STATUS
13 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A
14 GOA General/ Others Closed N/A
15 GOA Application/ Technical Closed N/A

Kindly help me...

Regards,
Vivek Mane