Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding Text to Answer

First of all let me start by saying im not even sure if this is
possible but...

Is there a way that if i have two teams and team a has a total of 30
runs and team b has a total of 14 runs...i want to compare the two
i.e. 30-14 but instead of the answer just coming out 16, i want it to
come out as Team A by 16.....so that way if it was the other way
around instead of just giving me a -16 it would say Team B by 16

Team A total is in cell F5 and Team B total is in cell G5...so a
normal formula would be a simple (f5-g5)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(F5G5,"Team A by "&F5-G5,IF(G5F5,"Team B by "&G5-F5,"Draw"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 6:46 pm, wrote:
First of all let me start by saying im not even sure if this is
possible but...

Is there a way that if i have two teams and team a has a total of 30
runs and team b has a total of 14 runs...i want to compare the two
i.e. 30-14 but instead of the answer just coming out 16, i want it to
come out as Team A by 16.....so that way if it was the other way
around instead of just giving me a -16 it would say Team B by 16

Team A total is in cell F5 and Team B total is in cell G5...so a
normal formula would be a simple (f5-g5)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 19, 6:46 pm, wrote:

First of all let me start by saying im not even sure if this is
possible but...

Is there a way that if i have two teams and team a has a total of 30
runs and team b has a total of 14 runs...i want to compare the two
i.e. 30-14 but instead of the answer just coming out 16, i want it to
come out as Team A by 16.....so that way if it was the other way
around instead of just giving me a -16 it would say Team B by 16

Team A total is in cell F5 and Team B total is in cell G5...so a
normal formula would be a simple (f5-g5)- Hide quoted text -

this works perfectly for if Team A is ahead but for anytime that team
B is ahead it gives me the response of Draw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It shouldn't do - just check that you have typed it in correctly.

Pete

On Oct 19, 6:59 pm, wrote:

this works perfectly for if Team A is ahead but for anytime that team
B is ahead it gives me the response of Draw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 19, 6:59 pm, wrote:

this works perfectly for if Team A is ahead but for anytime that team
B is ahead it gives me the response of Draw- Hide quoted text -

Yea two of the cells were just backwards, I corrected it and it works
like a charm...thanks alot for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 19, 6:46 pm, wrote:

First of all let me start by saying im not even sure if this is
possible but...

Is there a way that if i have two teams and team a has a total of 30
runs and team b has a total of 14 runs...i want to compare the two
i.e. 30-14 but instead of the answer just coming out 16, i want it to
come out as Team A by 16.....so that way if it was the other way
around instead of just giving me a -16 it would say Team B by 16

Team A total is in cell F5 and Team B total is in cell G5...so a
normal formula would be a simple (f5-g5)- Hide quoted text -

this works perfectly for if Team A is ahead but for anytime that team
B is ahead it gives me the response of Draw- Hide quoted text -

Two of the cells just needed to be switched around, but now it works
like a charm....thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete