Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] derr04@gmail.com is offline

Default Adding Text to Answer

On Oct 19, 1:56 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
Try this:

=IF(F5G5,"Team A by "&F5-G5,IF(G5F5,"Team B by "&G5-F5,"Draw"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 19, 6:46 pm, wrote:

First of all let me start by saying im not even sure if this is
possible but...

Is there a way that if i have two teams and team a has a total of 30
runs and team b has a total of 14 runs...i want to compare the two
i.e. 30-14 but instead of the answer just coming out 16, i want it to
come out as Team A by 16.....so that way if it was the other way
around instead of just giving me a -16 it would say Team B by 16

Team A total is in cell F5 and Team B total is in cell G5...so a
normal formula would be a simple (f5-g5)- Hide quoted text -

this works perfectly for if Team A is ahead but for anytime that team
B is ahead it gives me the response of Draw