Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJk AJk is offline

Default Conditional formatting of cell

I have a workbook created in previous version of Excel. I have numerous
conditional formating in the spreadsheet that change all the cells in a row
when a particular cell in that row contains specific information. Now only
the single cell I enter the information into changes formatting (not the
entire row that should change) until I scroll away from that section of the
spreadsheet. Then when I return the cells are changed. I am guessing this is
something in Excel setup but i can't find it. Thanks for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have this problem occasionaly. The problem is that my video card isn't
fast enough.

Here's some advice from Dave Peterson in an old post:

"Dave Peterson"
There's an acceleration setting under:
control panel|Display|Settings Tab|Advanced button|troubleshoot tab

Maybe you could try a few adjustments.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I have a similar problem but in reverse order. The problem is my video
card
isn't up to the task!

Sometimes when I apply formatting it doesn't display properly. When I
scroll
out of that area and then scroll back the formatting displays properly.
It
has something to do with the refresh rate of the video. Specing out the
video wasn't a big priority when I bought this machine. Now I know
better.

Biff

I haven't had this problem lately so I haven't had a reason to try Dave's
suggestion.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"AJK" wrote in message
I have a workbook created in previous version of Excel. I have numerous
conditional formating in the spreadsheet that change all the cells in a
row
when a particular cell in that row contains specific information. Now
only
the single cell I enter the information into changes formatting (not the
entire row that should change) until I scroll away from that section of
the
spreadsheet. Then when I return the cells are changed. I am guessing this
is
something in Excel setup but i can't find it. Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AJk AJk is offline

I have a pretty fast machine with good video card. This didn't happen with
older version of Excel or any of my graphic programs. Maybe its due to the
new Office 2007 being such a big program. I'll experiment with the video
display settings and see if that helps.