Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate Start Date

Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your date (=TODAY() ) is in A1, then:

=A1-14

formatted as a date will give you the date 14 days earlier.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 12, 10:56 am, tommcbrny
wrote:
Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:56:01 -0700, tommcbrny
wrote:

Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Excel stores dates as days since 1/1/1900 (or 1904).

So with your date in A1, to subtract 14 days, the formula would be:

=A1-14

If you want to subtract just working days, look at HELP for the WORKDAY
function.

=WORKDAY(A1,-10)

--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

wrote:
Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom- Hide quoted text -