-   -   Calculate Start Date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/161878-calculate-start-date.html)

tommcbrny

Calculate Start Date

Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Pete_UK

Calculate Start Date

If your date (=TODAY() ) is in A1, then:

=A1-14

formatted as a date will give you the date 14 days earlier.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 12, 10:56 am, tommcbrny
wrote:
Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Ron Rosenfeld

Calculate Start Date

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 02:56:01 -0700, tommcbrny
wrote:

Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Excel stores dates as days since 1/1/1900 (or 1904).

So with your date in A1, to subtract 14 days, the formula would be:

=A1-14

If you want to subtract just working days, look at HELP for the WORKDAY
function.

=WORKDAY(A1,-10)

--ron

tommcbrny

Calculate Start Date

Wow, I thought I tried that first thing, but must not have as it works great.
I also tried =today()-14 and that works too. Thanks!

Tom

wrote:
Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom

Pete_UK

Calculate Start Date

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

wrote:
Hello,

I would like to specify a date range for a report where the end date is
today (using =TODAY() in this cell) and the start date is today minus 14 days
(or 10 working days).

My goal is to have both dates appear correctly in a report template.

I found reference to an EDATE function that works well to subtract months
from TODAY. Is there a similar function to subtract days, or if not is there
another way to do this?

Thanks,

Tom- Hide quoted text -