Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding Tags to file names

The tags I add to filenames disappear after the file has been opened and saved.
I'm working within Vista Excel.
Any clues will be appreciated.
Old Keith
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is no such application as Vista Excel

Which version of MS Office Excel are you speaking of?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:34:00 -0700, Old Keith
wrote:

The tags I add to filenames disappear after the file has been opened and saved.
I'm working within Vista Excel.
Any clues will be appreciated.
Old Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oh goodie.

I cannot be of any assistance because I don't have 2007 installed....yet.

Hang in, there are others conversant with 2007 who will soon give you some
ideas.

Gord

wrote:

The tags I add to filenames disappear after the file has been opened and saved.
I'm working within Vista Excel.
Any clues will be appreciated.
Old Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What exactly do you mean by "tags" in file name?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Old Keith" wrote in message
The tags I add to filenames disappear after the file has been opened and
saved.
I'm working within Vista Excel.
Any clues will be appreciated.
Old Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chip

I thought it might be a new feature introduced with 2007 version so I didn't
ask, but was tempted.

Gord

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:36:10 -0500, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

What exactly do you mean by "tags" in file name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chip, I'm adding tags TO a filename, Not IN a filename.
In Documents,Organize, provision is made to add Tags and other stuff that
appear in the details pane to provide more info than is in the filename. I'm
not sure if it's a new feature, as Gord suggested, but it's sure-as-hell
there !!