Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cammo

Default Adding HTML tags to cell content

Hi All,
I'm hoping that someone can give me a tip here. I'm working on a
website at the moment and I need to do a data dump from and excel
spreadsheet into a MySQL database. All is fine except that the product
decriptions need to be reformatted to include HTML tags. With over 2000
products this is going to take some time. Is there a way to get Excel to
add these tags into the appropriate cells? It must be able to do it,
because I can generate HTML pages no problems, and converts all the
cells to include HTML tags, but I just want it to add them to the cells
so I can then import them into the MySQL database.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
cammo
cammo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29247

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Mac

This is somewhat of a manual approach so take it for what it's worth...
Insert columns on either side of the data that you want to have the html
tags and then in another column concatenate the columns...

Example,
Column A, Row 1
Column B, Row 1
" your data"
Column C, Row 1
</u</b</td</tr
Column D, Row 1
=concatenate(A1,B1,C1)

Which will result in the display of the below html string, you can then
import the data from Column D... You can always Copy and Paste Special
Values to eliminate the formula...

I hope this helps-
Joe
--