Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function for euro number format?

Is there a function that will allow me to display a number (such as 2,435.00)
in the French euro format ( 2 435,00)?

I haven't found a way to format numbers in this fashion that still allows
them to operate as numbers. (At least, not as the correct value.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The only way you can use a comma as the decimal separator is to change your
Windows Regional Settings
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mary Fran" wrote in message
Is there a function that will allow me to display a number (such as
2,435.00)
in the French euro format ( 2 435,00)?

I haven't found a way to format numbers in this fashion that still allows
them to operate as numbers. (At least, not as the correct value.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are worried about sending a spreadsheet to somebody in France using
US formatting then stop worrying. It will be converted to the regional
setting of the computer where the file is opened.

Peo Sjoblom

"Mary Fran" wrote in message
Is there a function that will allow me to display a number (such as
2,435.00)
in the French euro format ( 2 435,00)?

I haven't found a way to format numbers in this fashion that still allows
them to operate as numbers. (At least, not as the correct value.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can change the separators in
ToolsOptionsInternational.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:19:29 -0300, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:

The only way you can use a comma as the decimal separator is to change your
Windows Regional Settings
best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That works like a charm except for 1 thing: it makes the change globally, not
just for specific files. Of course, I can work around this by just making
the change when I want to print. But is there a way that I can make the
change apply only to those files which I want to print in the French format?

Oh, and thanks to all of you who took the time to try to help me.

wrote:

The only way you can use a comma as the decimal separator is to change your
Windows Regional Settings
best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could create a macro that would toggle the setting on/off when you want to
print a workbook or sheet.

I will post something later.

Gord

wrote:

The only way you can use a comma as the decimal separator is to change your
Windows Regional Settings
best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you do toolsoptionsinternational and then remove the check mark from
"Use system separators" then put a comma in the decimal separator and a
period in the thousands separator then click OK. Now you can print, then
just reverse it after your printout

Peo Sjoblom

"Mary Fran" wrote in message
Is there a function that will allow me to display a number (such as
2,435.00)
in the French euro format ( 2 435,00)?

I haven't found a way to format numbers in this fashion that still
allows
them to operate as numbers. (At least, not as the correct value.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Keep doing it manually until I get something for you.

Having a problem with some code I'm testing.

Gord

wrote:

The only way you can use a comma as the decimal separator is to change your
Windows Regional Settings
best wishes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is not ideal but will help until I can get a beforeprint code set up.

Sub Toggle_Separators()
With Application
.DecimalSeparator = ","
.ThousandsSeparator = "."
.UseSystemSeparators = Not .UseSystemSeparators
End With
End Sub

Assign to a button or shortcut key and toggle the separators on/off.

Gord