Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel 2000 problem

I am recently having problems with my excel worksheets. When I enter a
change in a cell and hit enter, I get the warning: Do you want to save
changes you made to " " yes no cancel. This occurs after each entry and I
have to say cancel each time I enter anything. This is happening to all my
files. Any suggestions? Thank you.
--
Regina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And it happens if you create a new workbook, too--not just the few you've opened
and tested, right?

If it's really happening to every workbook, then it sounds like you have an
application event running that notices a typing change and gives you that
prompt. (Did you recently install an addin???)

Here are a couple of sites that will help you clean it up:

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

If it really only happens on a few workbooks or even a selected number of
worksheets, you could have a workbook or worksheet event that's "helping" you.

The code that does this could be in the ThisWorkbook module or under the
misbehaving worksheet.

Post back after you read and try Chip and Jan Karel's tips.

Regina wrote:

I am recently having problems with my excel worksheets. When I enter a
change in a cell and hit enter, I get the warning: Do you want to save
changes you made to " " yes no cancel. This occurs after each entry and I
have to say cancel each time I enter anything. This is happening to all my
files. Any suggestions? Thank you.
--
Regina

--