Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #Value! Keeps appearing

I have created a SUMIF formula that appears to be correct, but continues to
return a "#Value!" in the field I have created the formula. If I look at the
area where the different pieces are filled in the correct answer is appearing
there, but the "#Value!" still is all I see in the field on my Excel
spreadsheet.

I went online to look for help there and I am already incorporating their
suggestions. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that can
possibly look at the formula I have to provide some suggestions.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Have you tried the Tools|Formula Auditing Menu? There's a function
called "Evaluate" which steps you through the formula so you can see
where it is going wrong.

Please post the formula so we can check it out.

Thx,
JP

On Oct 5, 7:58 pm, RFTKaiser
wrote:
I have created a SUMIF formula that appears to be correct, but continues to
return a "#Value!" in the field I have created the formula. If I look at the
area where the different pieces are filled in the correct answer is appearing
there, but the "#Value!" still is all I see in the field on my Excel
spreadsheet.

I went online to look for help there and I am already incorporating their
suggestions. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that can
possibly look at the formula I have to provide some suggestions.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you are entering an Array formula.

Use CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER rather than just ENTER

If you do it right, Excel will enclose your formula in brackets { formula }

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:58:00 -0700, RFTKaiser
wrote:

I have created a SUMIF formula that appears to be correct, but continues to
return a "#Value!" in the field I have created the formula. If I look at the
area where the different pieces are filled in the correct answer is appearing
there, but the "#Value!" still is all I see in the field on my Excel
spreadsheet.

I went online to look for help there and I am already incorporating their
suggestions. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that can
possibly look at the formula I have to provide some suggestions.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post the formula itself and some indication of the type of data you are
using and the result you want to achieve. What you post here gives no
information that anyone could give a specific answer to as you ask no
specific question.
You will get a response I'm sure,
Regards,
Alan.
"RFTKaiser" wrote in message
I have created a SUMIF formula that appears to be correct, but continues to
return a "#Value!" in the field I have created the formula. If I look at
the
area where the different pieces are filled in the correct answer is
appearing
there, but the "#Value!" still is all I see in the field on my Excel
spreadsheet.

I went online to look for help there and I am already incorporating their
suggestions. I am looking to see if there is anyone out there that can
possibly look at the formula I have to provide some suggestions.

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps it is your data that is at fault - do you have some numbers
that are really text values that look like numbers?

You can try entering:

=ISNUMBER(A1)

in a helper cell (assumes A1 contains your number - adjust to suit),
and then copy down. It should return TRUE.

Hope this helps.

Pete