Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default True and false formula

Hi my name is susy

I have been using true & false formulas. But every time I use them I get a
! sign argumenting that this formula is different form the other in this
area. this is how I formulated it G100=(F100/1.82)=H100

At the other hand I get a falsE while it should be true using this same
formula G26=(F26)/1.82=H26

1. how can I avoid this?
2. how can I check if the formula have a error?
3. or there are limits for using the ture and false

susy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Most likely there are rounding errors, what are you comparing and how much
of a precision do you need? What values are in H? If they are currencies for
example then you might try

=ROUND(F100/1.82,2)=ROUND(H100,2)

Peo Sjoblom

"susy" wrote in message
Hi my name is susy

I have been using true & false formulas. But every time I use them I get a
! sign argumenting that this formula is different form the other in this
area. this is how I formulated it G100=(F100/1.82)=H100

At the other hand I get a falsE while it should be true using this same
formula G26=(F26)/1.82=H26

1. how can I avoid this?
2. how can I check if the formula have a error?
3. or there are limits for using the ture and false

susy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thnx for the reply it did help me with the false error because indeed it's a
financial structure/frame I'm working.
But I still get the ! telling me it's a inconsistent formula even after I
used the formula suggested by you.

"susy" wrote in message
Hi my name is susy

I have been using true & false formulas. But every time I use them I get a
! sign argumenting that this formula is different form the other in this
area. this is how I formulated it G100=(F100/1.82)=H100

At the other hand I get a falsE while it should be true using this same
formula G26=(F26)/1.82=H26

1. how can I avoid this?
2. how can I check if the formula have a error?
3. or there are limits for using the ture and false

susy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That simply means means the formula is different from the formulas in the
cell above it and below it or it is different from the formula in the cell
to the left and to the right of it. Example. If C10 contains the formula
=1*10 and C11 contains =1*11 and C12 contains =1*10, C11 will be flagged
with having an inconsistent formula. Likewise if cell B11 contains =1*15 and
cell D11 contains =1*15, C11 with =1*10 will get flagged again as
inconsistent.