Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula True False help

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Without seeing your formula, it is hard to give a specific answer, but
try
=if(current formula,"Yes","")
it may have to be modified some depending on your current formula
"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There could be an issue with that formula if the "old_formula" does not
return 1.

The IF function returns the If_False value only if the conditional test
equals FALSE or zero. For all other values the function returns the If_True
value.
(Note: if the conditional test results in an error, text or an empty string,
an error is returned)

Examples
=IF(-20,"Yes","No")....returns "Yes"
=IF(1,"Yes","No")....returns "Yes"
=IF(10=(2*5),"Yes","No")....returns "Yes"
=IF(FALSE,"Yes","No")....returns "No"
=IF(10=20,"Yes","No")....returns "No"
=IF(0,"Yes","No")....returns "No"

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Joel" wrote:

Easy

wrap your formule iwth this

if((old_formula) = 1, "True","False")

"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's taken since 1:00 am to figure it out (only 8+ hours) but I did get it to
work - could there have been an easier way? I used:

=IF(OR(D2=TODAY(),E2=D2)," ","Y")

"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

What are you trying to do?
this equation gives Y for false and "" for true

"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi BJ,

Yes, exactly what I needed. I'm trying to track purchase orders. If the
order
"Date ordered"
PO #
Item description
"Date expected"
"Date Received"
F/U - FOLLOW UP GIVES A 'YES' OR STAYS BLANK depending on if the order was
received or not.
"F/U date"
"New expected date"
F/U - SAME HERE - FOLLOW UP GIVES A 'YES' OR STAYS BLANK

"Lisa" wrote:

In a formula, I need the cell to display the word "YES" instead of true, and
stay blank if false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

As a question,
If the item got there before it was expected, you would have a f/u as yes
if the date received cell is empty until item is received, You might try

=if(and(D2=Today(),E2=""),"","yes")