Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Condensing Rows Automatically

Hello all.

I'm trying to condense rows on an Excel sheet to remove blank lines.

I need to to pull two columns worth of information from another sheet
first, this will create some blank rows. After I pull these rows I
want to remove the blank lines such that the page will print nicely. A
problem I fear is that the page that contains the blanks lines uses
formulas to pull the information.

E.g.

Bob 12
Sam 11

Ted 10

Sue 9

Red 8

Would become:

Bob 12
Sam 11
Ted 10
Sue 9
Red 8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This may work for you...
Select all the cells, use edit/goto... click Special, click Formulas & OK,
then Edit/Copy, then click somewhere (B1?) and press enter. You'll have all
the data together as values & no blank rows.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP
" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all.

I'm trying to condense rows on an Excel sheet to remove blank lines.

I need to to pull two columns worth of information from another sheet
first, this will create some blank rows. After I pull these rows I
want to remove the blank lines such that the page will print nicely. A
problem I fear is that the page that contains the blanks lines uses
formulas to pull the information.

E.g.

Bob 12
Sam 11

Ted 10

Sue 9

Red 8

Would become:

Bob 12
Sam 11
Ted 10
Sue 9
Red 8

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the data
Data-Filter-AutoFilter
Use the filter option (NonBlanks)
This will hide all rows with a blank entry.