Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiply by a rate depending on the value

I need a formula that will multiply the value by one of four interest rates,
depending on the size of the value. In other words, if the value is under
$100,000, muliply by rate A. If the value is over $100,000 muliply by rate B.
If over $150,000 muliply by rate C. And if over $200,000 muliply by rate D.
And the value I'm speaking of is the Sum of A and B.

A1+B1=C1 Depending on the value in C1, I need it muliplied by the
appropriate rate as explained above. I appreciate any help you can offer me.
--
Thank You,
C.C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

A job for VLOOKUP. Create a table say in the range J3:K6:

0 RateA
100000 RateB
150000 RateC
200000 RateD

=C1*VLOOKUP(C1,$J$3:$K$6,2,TRUE)

C1 is the value you want to multiply and
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"C.C." wrote:

I need a formula that will multiply the value by one of four interest rates,
depending on the size of the value. In other words, if the value is under
$100,000, muliply by rate A. If the value is over $100,000 muliply by rate B.
If over $150,000 muliply by rate C. And if over $200,000 muliply by rate D.
And the value I'm speaking of is the Sum of A and B.

A1+B1=C1 Depending on the value in C1, I need it muliplied by the
appropriate rate as explained above. I appreciate any help you can offer me.
--
Thank You,
C.C.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Something like this:

=IF(C1<100000,rateA,IF(C1<=150000,rateB,IF(C1<=200 000,rateC,rateD)))*C1

Not sure exactly what happens if C1=$100,000, as your description is
ambiguous.

Hope this helps.

Pete