Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel?

So, i have a table which is co-ordinating hours worked for my clients.
However, this has been generated into a box where i am using a hh:mm format.
I am then inputing an hourly rate and require a multiplication to take
place. As i have a different value for different clients, i need to be able
to input a number and this to be multiplied by the hours.
I am going crazy as the Excel help facility is either sending me round in
circles or giving me help which is no help at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If A1 is time worked in time format and B1 is hourly rate then use this
formula

=A1*B1*24

format as currency

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have a different hourly rate per client, then set up table of client
(number/ID) and hourly rate. Let's say this is columns A and B of Sheet2 with
A being Client and B hourly rate.

Then (say in Sheet1) in cell C1 put

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE)) ,0,B1*24*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE))

Where A1 is client number
B1 = total hours worked
C1 will be hours * client hourly rate

VLOOKUP will return the hourly rate for client in A1. If client cannot be
found, the value will be 0.

Change ranges/sheet(s) to suit.

NOTE: in the hours cell, format as [h]:mm otherwise for hours 24 correct
figure will not be shown.

HTH