Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rackenford. Rackenford. is offline

Default How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel?

So, i have a table which is co-ordinating hours worked for my clients.
However, this has been generated into a box where i am using a hh:mm format.
I am then inputing an hourly rate and require a multiplication to take
place. As i have a different value for different clients, i need to be able
to input a number and this to be multiplied by the hours.
I am going crazy as the Excel help facility is either sending me round in
circles or giving me help which is no help at all.