-   -   How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/97220-how-do-i-multiply-hourly-rate-hours-excel.html)

Rackenford.

How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel?

So, i have a table which is co-ordinating hours worked for my clients.
However, this has been generated into a box where i am using a hh:mm format.
I am then inputing an hourly rate and require a multiplication to take
place. As i have a different value for different clients, i need to be able
to input a number and this to be multiplied by the hours.
I am going crazy as the Excel help facility is either sending me round in
circles or giving me help which is no help at all.

daddylonglegs

How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel?

If A1 is time worked in time format and B1 is hourly rate then use this
formula

=A1*B1*24

format as currency

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Toppers

How do i multiply an hourly rate by hours in Excel?

If you have a different hourly rate per client, then set up table of client
(number/ID) and hourly rate. Let's say this is columns A and B of Sheet2 with
A being Client and B hourly rate.

Then (say in Sheet1) in cell C1 put

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE)) ,0,B1*24*VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$10,2,FALSE))

Where A1 is client number
B1 = total hours worked
C1 will be hours * client hourly rate

VLOOKUP will return the hourly rate for client in A1. If client cannot be
found, the value will be 0.

Change ranges/sheet(s) to suit.

NOTE: in the hours cell, format as [h]:mm otherwise for hours 24 correct
figure will not be shown.

HTH