Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HLOOKUP question

Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MATCH(lookup_value,A1:J1,0)

Where A1:J1 = first row of your lookup table.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the
result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chuck M" wrote in message
Just what I needed!

Thank you!
--
Chuck M.

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the
result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - I just pointed you to the function.

Pete

On Sep 27, 7:10 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Works great!

Thanks Pete.
--
Chuck M.

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.- Hide quoted text -