-   -   HLOOKUP question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/159950-hlookup-question.html)

Chuck M

HLOOKUP question

Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

T. Valko

HLOOKUP question

Try this:

=MATCH(lookup_value,A1:J1,0)

Where A1:J1 = first row of your lookup table.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the
result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Pete_UK

HLOOKUP question

The MATCH function returns the relative position of the sought item.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Chuck M

HLOOKUP question

Just what I needed!

Thank you!
--
Chuck M.

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the
result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Chuck M

HLOOKUP question

Works great!

Thanks Pete.
--
Chuck M.

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

T. Valko

HLOOKUP question

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chuck M" wrote in message
Just what I needed!

Thank you!
--
Chuck M.

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the
result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Pete_UK

HLOOKUP question

You're welcome - I just pointed you to the function.

Pete

On Sep 27, 7:10 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Works great!

Thanks Pete.
--
Chuck M.

On Sep 27, 6:39 pm, Chuck M wrote:
Hi,

I need to know what column (or the relative position in the list) the result
of an HLOOKUP came from. Is this possible?

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.- Hide quoted text -