Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP function question

We have an excel document which we keep track of dates and if a notice was
submitted on time. We want to create an addt. worksheet that will search the
main worksheet for ALL "NO" responses (set up as an IF function) and return
to us the following info:

Apartment number
Date liable through
Date Re-Rented

I tried VLOOKUP and it will only return the very first row in the original
document that says "NO". Not really sure if HLOOKUP will work or what other
reference function may help get the same result.

Scenario:
I am moving out on 03/31/07 but I am liable through 04/30/07. Therefore the
IF statement will answer "NO" to the question "Proper Notice" - on the new
tab we want my address, the 04/30/07 date and any re-rented date to show up.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me on this!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way to do this would be to use a filter and filter on "NO" then
copy the data to your other sheet. It could be done with formulas but
depends on several factors. Like: how much data has to be "searched" (1000's
of rows?) and how many results will be returned (approx.) ?

Biff

"MMangen" wrote in message
We have an excel document which we keep track of dates and if a notice was
submitted on time. We want to create an addt. worksheet that will search
the
main worksheet for ALL "NO" responses (set up as an IF function) and
return
to us the following info:

Apartment number
Date liable through