Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default percentage

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.

--
Thank You
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Steve,

It's exactly the same as for the footage:-

individual building usage/total usage * 100 = precentage

Mike

"steve" wrote:

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.

--
Thank You
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bldg 1 =55973/1400110

Bldg 2 =32034/1400110

If the values are in cells just use the cell refs instead of numbers.

=A1/$B$1 with bldg 1 kw in A1 and total kw in B1

Remember if copying, use Absolute reference for the cell with 1400110

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP