Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default percentage

Bldg 1 =55973/1400110

Bldg 2 =32034/1400110

If the values are in cells just use the cell refs instead of numbers.

=A1/$B$1 with bldg 1 kw in A1 and total kw in B1

Remember if copying, use Absolute reference for the cell with 1400110

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:44:04 -0700, steve
wrote:

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.