-   -   percentage (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/158349-percentage.html)

Steve

percentage

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.

--
Thank You
Steve

Mike H

percentage

Steve,

It's exactly the same as for the footage:-

individual building usage/total usage * 100 = precentage

Mike

"steve" wrote:

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.

--
Thank You
Steve

Gord Dibben

percentage

Bldg 1 =55973/1400110

Bldg 2 =32034/1400110

If the values are in cells just use the cell refs instead of numbers.

=A1/$B$1 with bldg 1 kw in A1 and total kw in B1

Remember if copying, use Absolute reference for the cell with 1400110

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:44:04 -0700, steve
wrote:

I have a total kw (kilowatt) of 1400110
I have a group of building that have each a portion of this.
Each building is different one is 55973kw another is 32034 and so on
How do I figure what percentage of the total kw each of the buildings
come out to be. or would I use the same formula you gave for the square
footage.

Steve

percentage

Thanks again, this is an awsome site and you people are great for helping
others out.
--
Thank You
Steve