Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EOMONTH problem File error: data may have been lost

I have a file that was created in 2003 that I have been using for over
a year and been using in 2007 for several months. Earlier this week I
added a new sheet that used the EOMONTH function. When I saved and
reopened the file I get "File error: data may have been lost" and all
the cells that have the EOMONTH function are replaced with =#N/A, not
even a formula in those cells. Is there a way to get the formula
back? Anyone else have this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As Franz wrote, you'll need the Anaslysis ToolPak add-in installed.

A better way to ask for the last day of the month is to use the DATE
function instead.

=DATE(2007,9,30) returns 30/09/2007 which is the last day of this month -
ok, nothing suprising there as you typed the date in.

=DATE(2007,10,0) also returns 30/09/2007 which is day 0 of next month - also
equals the last day of this month.

So the formula:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,0)
will return the last day of this month.

Thanks to C Pearsons website for that one (I think).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default eomonth problem file error

The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather frequently.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather frequently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't use the EOMONTH function. The work-around is easy enough but you
haven't provided enough info to make a very specific suggestion.

A1 = some date

For the EOMONTH:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<George Proch wrote in message ...
The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this
is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather
frequently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, how does this problem show?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"George Proch" wrote in message ...
The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this
is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather
frequently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Please put your questions in the body of the message as well as the subject
line.

I know of no "file" error related to this function. If you are getting NAME
errors it suggests the Analysis ToolPak is not attached under Tools, Add-ins.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The EOMONTH function is not in the Analysis ToolPak in 2007, it is built
into Excel.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire