Michelle

Default File error: data may have been lost.

What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an
Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002
in Win XP Japanese.
Mark

Hi (konichiwa),

if you cannot open the file, try this:
open a new workbook.

Insert Object Create From file browse to file then
okay.

This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see
what happens.

It worked for me when file became unopenable.

- Mark

- mark
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message

when opening an
Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is

created using Excel 2002
in Win XP Japanese.
.

Michelle

Hi, mark

Thks for your suggestion but unfortunately it does not work for my case; it
open file with funny characters.:(