Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 Add-ins - Assign Number

I've got a purchase order (pre Excel 2002) which was designed to assign an
automatic number everytime the template was opened and for ages I have tried
to get it to work again now we are using Excel 2003, but when I try to run
the macro I get a message that reads

"The numbering add-in must be loaded for optimal numbering and toolbar
behaviour. Please load this add-in into your Library directory".

The problem is I can fine this add-in anywhere... Can anyone help PLEASE!!!
It's driving me insane.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The numbering add-in TMPLTNUM.XLA is normally installed with Excel 2000.

Newer versions of Excel do not come with the add-in.

If you cannot find that file on your computer of install from CD then you can
pick up a copy here.

http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm

It is the 97 version but I use it on 2003 with no problems.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:12:01 -0700, JanieB
wrote:

I've got a purchase order (pre Excel 2002) which was designed to assign an
automatic number everytime the template was opened and for ages I have tried
to get it to work again now we are using Excel 2003, but when I try to run
the macro I get a message that reads

"The numbering add-in must be loaded for optimal numbering and toolbar
behaviour. Please load this add-in into your Library directory".

The problem is I can fine this add-in anywhere... Can anyone help PLEASE!!!
It's driving me insane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you download and install the Numbering add-in?

Does it get loaded in ToolsAdd-ins when you open the PO template?

Does the Toolbar appear but do nothing when you click on "Assign a number"?

Was the PO template the one from Spreadsheet Solutions that was installed with
Excel 2000?

If you still have difficulty, please email me the PO template and I'll see what
I can do.

I recently fixed up a poster who needed the numbering add-in for his Excel 2000
Invoice template

There may(will) be some Registry editing and a bit of macro editing in the PO
and numbering add-in.

Gord