Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Occurance

I have 5 departments each with at least 35 employees. Some of the
employees are listed in more than one dept based on % of their time. I
have an annual salary spreadsheet with all their names. A task is given
to me where I have to identify a) employees listed in multiple dept b)
total compensation for these employees listed more than one. The idea
behind this is to stream line payroll. Depts pay scale is different. In
a survey where they would prefere to work all chose based on high pay.
Any help on this is very much appreciated.

--
ab3d4u

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob Phillips;2364269 Wrote:
Can you layout some sample data to help resolve this?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"ab3d4u" wrote in message
...-

I have 5 departments each with at least 35 employees. Some of the
employees are listed in more than one dept based on % of their time.
have an annual salary spreadsheet with all their names. A task is
given
to me where I have to identify a) employees listed in multiple dept
b)
total compensation for these employees listed more than one. The idea
behind this is to stream line payroll. Depts pay scale is different.
In
a survey where they would prefere to work all chose based on high
pay.
Any help on this is very much appreciated.

--
ab3d4u -

Bob - here is the scoop. The company has about 200 employees.About 20
are in managerial positions. The rest are in 5 depts. There are a lot
of employees listed in more than one dept because they work in
different departments within the 8 working hours. Example: The
custodial staff doubles as security and driver, the admin secretary
works several hours in a two week period as payroll assistant. I see a
lot FTE (full time equvalent) of .50,.80 and .90 etc The driver and the
PR asst jobs pay more. So in one spreadsheet I see the same name in
different places. Mgmt wants to offer a reasonable pay and job not as
the employee wants. I just need to know how to do this for the future.
For now I've done it the old way.

--
ab3d4u