Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to Insert Rows

I have scanned the posts and could not find the answer to my question. I
want to be able to insert an entire row when a new client is added. For
instance

if cell A1 is Jane Smith
if cell A2 is John Smith

and then I get a Joe Smith that should go in between those two, I want to
insert a row. This is kind of tricky because I am pulling data in from SQL.
Therefore, the new row would be determined by the results of the SQL query.
If there is a Joe Smith in the data I would then need to insert a row
starting in column B. I hope that makes sense. It is kind of complex and
maybe there is a better way of doing it. I have a spreadsheet with
conditional formatting based on the data brought in by SQL. I do not want to
mess up those cells when a new client is added. Please let me know if anyone
has any ideas.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

Don't you want to use VBA? Using VBA code would solve your issue.
W/o VBA, I do not know the solution for your problem.

Zoltan

"cgarcia" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello,

do not worry, VBA is easy. If you know SQL, I do not think that you will
have issues with this.
You can insert a row easily:

Range("A12").Rows.Insert ' or any other cell you would like to insert the
row at

For other information:
- http://cpearson.com/excel/mainpage.aspx
- there are several good books on the web you can buy

Regards,
Zoltan
-