Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula question

Hello All,

I have 5 combo boxes, their default value is blank with a reference of 1.
The user selects a size from the list in the combo box. Ie. 11oz 14oz 16oz
etc... I want to, lets say the first box they select 11oz which is reference
2 they go onto the second size combo box 2 and select 26oz which is reference
8 Is there a way to come up with a set standard from changing over from 11oz
to 26oz by looking up the reference numbers in a table? I was thinking of
setting up like a multiplication table listing the reference numbers on the x
and y axis and filling in the table with the appropiate change over minutes.
If this is possible or a different way please help.

Thank you,
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you're asking for. If you setup a table, based on your
explanation, you want the result that intersects 2 and 8? If that's what
you're looking for then, yes this can be done. You'd need to provide more
details. You'd have to link the combo boxes to cells and then use those
cells in a lookup formula.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok...

With...

Combo box 1 linked to Sheet2 A2 = 2
Combo box 2 linked to Sheet2 A3 = 8

Lookup table on Sheet1 A1:I9

This formula entered on Sheet1:

=IF(AND(Sheet2!A21,Sheet2!A31),VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A2 ,A1:I9,Sheet2!A3+1,0),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message
T. Valko wrote:
Not sure what you're asking for. If you setup a table, based on your
explanation, you want the result that intersects 2 and 8? If that's what
you're looking for then, yes this can be done. You'd need to provide more
details. You'd have to link the combo boxes to cells and then use those
cells in a lookup formula.

Hello T. Valko

Yes that is what I want to do. This is what I have.

I have 5 combo boxes they are referenced on another hidden page
Ie.

1 2

2 8

3 1

4 1

5 1

This shows that the first two combo boxes have been selected with data.
Now the first combo box I wouldn't have to use a lookup because there is
no previous combo box so I would have to start with the second one. I
would need to use an if statement in the formula as well. Like if a21.
The results I would be looking for would be 60

A B C D E F G H I

1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

2 1 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70

3 2 10 0 10 20 30 40 50 60

4 3 20 10 0 20 30 40 50 60

5 4 30 20 20 0 20 20 20 20
6 5 40 30 30 20 0 30 20 30

7 6 50 40 40 20 30 0 10 50

8 7 60 50 50 20 20 10 0 30
9 8 70 60 60 20 30 50 30 0

Thank you
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"David" wrote in message
T. Valko wrote:
Ok...

With...

Combo box 1 linked to Sheet2 A2 = 2
Combo box 2 linked to Sheet2 A3 = 8

Lookup table on Sheet1 A1:I9

This formula entered on Sheet1:

=IF(AND(Sheet2!A21,Sheet2!A31),VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A2 ,A1:I9,Sheet2!A3+1,0),"")

Thank you soooo much it worked GREAT

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP