Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default formula question

Ok...

With...

Combo box 1 linked to Sheet2 A2 = 2
Combo box 2 linked to Sheet2 A3 = 8

Lookup table on Sheet1 A1:I9

This formula entered on Sheet1:

=IF(AND(Sheet2!A21,Sheet2!A31),VLOOKUP(Sheet2!A2 ,A1:I9,Sheet2!A3+1,0),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"David" wrote in message
T. Valko wrote:
Not sure what you're asking for. If you setup a table, based on your
explanation, you want the result that intersects 2 and 8? If that's what
you're looking for then, yes this can be done. You'd need to provide more
details. You'd have to link the combo boxes to cells and then use those
cells in a lookup formula.

Hello T. Valko

Yes that is what I want to do. This is what I have.

I have 5 combo boxes they are referenced on another hidden page
Ie.

1 2

2 8

3 1

4 1

5 1

This shows that the first two combo boxes have been selected with data.
Now the first combo box I wouldn't have to use a lookup because there is
no previous combo box so I would have to start with the second one. I
would need to use an if statement in the formula as well. Like if a21.
The results I would be looking for would be 60

A B C D E F G H I

1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

2 1 0 10 20 30 40 50 60 70

3 2 10 0 10 20 30 40 50 60