Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default vLookup from 2 different lists

I have a pallet of product to be disposed of and I need to check whether its
serial number appears on a "Approved" list or a "Not Approved" list (2
different sheets both lists named). I have currently have 2 colomns (1 for
each list) but would like to have only 1 colomn to show whether a product is
"Approved" "Not Approved" or " Not Dealt with".
Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give us more details on how the current data is set out, please
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"NolanC" wrote in message
I have a pallet of product to be disposed of and I need to check whether
its
serial number appears on a "Approved" list or a "Not Approved" list (2
different sheets both lists named). I have currently have 2 colomns (1 for
each list) but would like to have only 1 colomn to show whether a product
is
"Approved" "Not Approved" or " Not Dealt with".
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

try
=if(iserror(vlookup(A1,Approved_list,1,0),if(iserr or(A1,(not_approved_list,1,0),"Not Dealt with","Not Approved"),"Approved")

"NolanC" wrote:

I have a pallet of product to be disposed of and I need to check whether its
serial number appears on a "Approved" list or a "Not Approved" list (2
different sheets both lists named). I have currently have 2 colomns (1 for
each list) but would like to have only 1 colomn to show whether a product is
"Approved" "Not Approved" or " Not Dealt with".
Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have 2 worksheets, one with serial no.s of product approved for disposal
and one with serial no.s not to be disposed of. I then have a list of serial
no.s of product on a pallet that is ready for disposal and I am trying to
check to make sure that all serial no.s are on the approved list and capture
any product that should not be destroyed.
I currently have the serial no. and 2 other columns, one that looks up the
"approved" List and the other "not approved". If I get #N/A in both columns,
if tells me that the product has not been processed. It currently works but I
would like to tidy it up and have the result in one column.
Hope this is clear.

Thanks