Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Networkdays Stopped Working - Again

Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Networkdays Stopped Working - Again

Again meaning it's happened before?

How about a replacement formula that doesn't depend on the ATP?

A1 = start date
B1 = end date
C1:C5 = holiday list (if you're using the Holidays argument)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6),--(ISNA(MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),C1:C5,0))))

If you're not using the Holidays argument:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, networkdays has stopped before, I know that one time it was because I
had turned off the Automatic Calculation option.

Thanks for suggesting the formula. I'm sure that will work, I'm stumped as
to why it has stopped working.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Even though you say the ATP is loaded you can try reloading it just to make
double sure!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the
Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by stopped working? It doesn't calculate? It gives erroneous
results? Do other functions still work?

What formula are you using? What happens when you hit F9?

Fred

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"T. Valko" wrote...
How about a replacement formula that doesn't depend on the ATP?

A1 = start date
B1 = end date
C1:C5 = holiday list (if you're using the Holidays argument)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6),
--(ISNA(MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),C1:C5,0))))

If you're not using the Holidays argument:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6))

Yucky volatile functions!

Using placeholders,

=EndDate-StartDate
-COUNTIF(Holidays,"="&StartDate)+COUNTIF(Holidays, ""&EndDate)
-2*INT((EndDate-WEEKDAY(EndDate,2)-StartDate+WEEKDAY(StartDate,2))/7)
-SIGN(WEEKDAY(EndDate,2)-6)+(WEEKDAY(StartDate,2)=7)

which in prose is

period in days between the two dates
-holidays during the period
-full weekends during the period
-tricky correction term

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If youre getting a #NAME error and NETWORKDAYS is unavailable in the
function wizard, despite ATP supposedly being loaded, there is a known bug
where ATP sometimes gets lost.
Usually just shutting down Excel and restarting will solve the problem.
--
David Biddulph

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

David -

Indeed, this was the "fix" - although I actually had to restart the
computer, not just Excel. (Fred - yes, I was getting the ?#NAME error.)

STeve

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi there -

The networkdays function stopped working in all my workbooks today. I
**DO** have the Analysis Toolpak installed and I **DO** have the Automatic
Calcuation Option turned on. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
"T. Valko" wrote...
How about a replacement formula that doesn't depend on the ATP?

A1 = start date
B1 = end date
C1:C5 = holiday list (if you're using the Holidays argument)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6),
--(ISNA(MATCH(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),C1:C5,0))))

If you're not using the Holidays argument:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&B1)),2)<6))

Yucky volatile functions!

Yeah, but it's only a single formula. Of course, we don't know if they need
1000's of these.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message
Using placeholders,

=EndDate-StartDate
-COUNTIF(Holidays,"="&StartDate)+COUNTIF(Holidays, ""&EndDate)
-2*INT((EndDate-WEEKDAY(EndDate,2)-StartDate+WEEKDAY(StartDate,2))/7)
-SIGN(WEEKDAY(EndDate,2)-6)+(WEEKDAY(StartDate,2)=7)

which in prose is

period in days between the two dates
-holidays during the period
-full weekends during the period
-tricky correction term

This works as long as the holiday dates don't fall on weekends. Does that
need to be taken into account? I guess it depends on where you work or the
application. Not all workplaces will adjust the holiday observance to the
preceding Friday or the following Monday. I used to work at a place that
wouldn't do that and I'm sure their reason was to avoid holiday pay.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP