Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default selecting from dropdown--have related info auto carry over

I've created drop box for my project--I need to have all relevant info to
automatically carry over as well.

In sheet 3 i have my lists: Item#, Description, Price (all in seperate
cells)
In sheet 1 i have the dropdown set up.

When I select an Item number, how do I make sure the description and price
automatically carry over with it in their respective cells?

Thank You

Susan Christenson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use VLOOKUP:
On sheet1 in B2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,sheet3!A:C,2,0) will retrieve Description
in C2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,sheet3!A:C,3,0) will retrieve Price

A2=Item #

A:C in Sheet3 contain Item #, Description & price

HTH

"Susan" wrote:

I've created drop box for my project--I need to have all relevant info to
automatically carry over as well.

In sheet 3 i have my lists: Item#, Description, Price (all in seperate
cells)
In sheet 1 i have the dropdown set up.

When I select an Item number, how do I make sure the description and price
automatically carry over with it in their respective cells?

Thank You

Susan Christenson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That did bring "description" and "price" over, just not the specific ones I
was looking for. But as I was working with this formula, it occurred to me
that I need to be able to do the same for ANY GIVEN CELL in that column.

I might have "Fall Lovers Cruise" in A4 (need to transfer price) and for the
next customer, it might fall under A6--with the price to follow. Is there
something more universal for this type of thing?

thanks
Susan

"Toppers" wrote:

Use VLOOKUP:
On sheet1 in B2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,sheet3!A:C,2,0) will retrieve Description
in C2:
=VLOOKUP(A2,sheet3!A:C,3,0) will retrieve Price

A2=Item #

A:C in Sheet3 contain Item #, Description & price

HTH