Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default reappearing headers

I have an old worksheet which appears to automatically put in the file
location and name in the header. If I go into the header and delete it, it
is removed. Once I close out of the print preview and go back in , it comes
back. Anyone know how to remove permanently?

I vaguely recall someone in my office discussing having these headers put on
all spreadsheets, but I don't know where it is accomplished and how to remove
it.

tia,
Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You say this is on an old worksheet - does it happen to sheets in newly
created workbooks also?

The obvious culprits are either a template file with those alread in there,
but they'd stay dead when you delete them manually. The other prime suspect
is some VBA code - probably associated with the worksheet itself. Easy way
to check is to choose a sheet that acts that way and right-click on the name
tab and choose [View Code] from the popup list. If there's code associated
with the sheet it will be presented to you. But there are other places code
could be: associated with the workbook itself (right-click on the Excel icon
left of the word File in the menu toolbar and again choose [View Code] to see
if there's any code associated with that workbook).

There are other possibilities, but whether they even need to be considered
depends a lot on whether it's just one or two workbooks/worksheets or on
everything you use in Excel.