Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking data from Rows to columns in seperate worksheets

I cannot find a way to quickly link data in rows from one worksheet to
columns in another without using the hold = button select cell method-- which
is very slow. I dump data from a survey tool into excel. It is displayed in
rows. I would like to link that data to columns in another worksheet so that
I can line up survey results by group side by side. The questions would run
down Column A, the answers would run down columns B, C, D -- so i can do a
side by side comparison with the data. What formula will allow me to do this
quickly?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Suppose in Sheet1 you have data in B1:E1 and you want to link this data to
Sheet2 in B2:B5.

Enter this formula in Sheet2 B2 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(Sheet1!B$1:E$1,ROWS($1:1))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP