Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Diz

Default create chart with data from across seperate worksheets

i am currently trying to create a line chart using data found in different
worksheets, but in the same workbook. although i can carry this out by
cutting and pasting all the required data into the same worksheet whenever i
try to pick the data from several or even two sheets i get a error message.
i would've thought i'd be able to pick this up seperately...as you can for
any other formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

See Jon's page for information.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm trying to extend my chart of sheet1 to include the data in sheet2
using the data source chart properties box.

The working formula for sheet1 is as follows.
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3

I've tried the following formulas to try and pick up the sheet 2 data and it
doesn't work.
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3;sheet2!$b$3:sheet2!$d$3
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3,sheet2!$b$3:sheet2!$d$3

Any easy ways to do this correctly?

Thanks
Steve

p.s., My working values for the sheet1 chart a
date range is =Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3
series names is =Sheet1!$B$3:$IB$3
series values is =Sheet1!$B$3:$IB$3

Diz wrote:
i am currently trying to create a line chart using data found in different
worksheets, but in the same workbook. although i can carry this out by
cutting and pasting all the required data into the same worksheet whenever i
try to pick the data from several or even two sheets i get a error message.
i would've thought i'd be able to pick this up seperately...as you can for
any other formula.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You cannot combine data from multiple sheets into a single entry box in the
Source Data/Series dialog. You will need to make some kind of summary table
to use for the source data. Here's more information:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP