Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Steven Beckwith Steven Beckwith is offline

Default create chart with data from across seperate worksheets

I'm trying to extend my chart of sheet1 to include the data in sheet2
using the data source chart properties box.

The working formula for sheet1 is as follows.
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3

I've tried the following formulas to try and pick up the sheet 2 data and it
doesn't work.
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3;sheet2!$b$3:sheet2!$d$3
=Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3,sheet2!$b$3:sheet2!$d$3

Any easy ways to do this correctly?

Thanks
Steve

p.s., My working values for the sheet1 chart a
date range is =Sheet1!$A$3:$IB$3
series names is =Sheet1!$B$3:$IB$3
series values is =Sheet1!$B$3:$IB$3

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

See Jon's page for information.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

Cheers
Andy

Diz wrote:
i am currently trying to create a line chart using data found in different
worksheets, but in the same workbook. although i can carry this out by
cutting and pasting all the required data into the same worksheet whenever i
try to pick the data from several or even two sheets i get a error message.
i would've thought i'd be able to pick this up seperately...as you can for
any other formula.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info