Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default date and time difference

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't have the experience to get you all the way, but I recently solved a
similar problem (calculating differences between dates only ... without
times) by referencing some Julian date calculators/conversions he
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm

That might be enough to get you started.

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would like the difference within charge time, the ime elapse between charges.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RS RS is offline

Assuming that the Dates are in column A & the Charge Times in col B, and the
headings are in row 1:

To find the difference in charge time between row 3 (7/9/06 19:00) & row 2
(7/9/06 7:55) use the following formula in C3:

=(A3&B3)-(A2&B2)

Then simply copy on down. Initially, if col C isn't time formatted you will
get 0.461805555 as the answer because it is formatted as General. Make sure
that row C is time formatted (row A should already by date formatted & B
should already be time formatted).

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This does work when there is less than one day between charges. When there is
moret han one day I do not get the right amount of time. I tried to change
the formating, but it seems that all the options won't allow the hours to go
beyond 24.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column. How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format as [h]:mm if it can go beyond 24 hours.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column.
How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use this instead

=(A3+B3)-(A2+B2)

then format as [hh]:mm

the formatting is important

Peo Sjoblom

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time
7/9/06 7:55
7/9/06 19:00
7/11/06 13:00
7/12/06 3:40
7/13/06 2:00
7/13/06 23:50

I would like to find the difference in charge time in a new column.
How
would I go about doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Got it, thanks for the help.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

You would like to find the difference between Charge time and what?

Mike

"vito" wrote:

I have two colums of data.

Date Charge Time