Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Custom format whole number to decimal

Good day,

I am currently using a custom format to automatically display a whole number
as a number with decimals: ###0\.00 however, I was wondering if it was
possible to have a custom format perform the same function, but with a comma
value as well e.g. (#,##0\.00) - this does not work.
--
Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Try it without the backslash............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"TamIam" wrote:

Good day,

I am currently using a custom format to automatically display a whole number
as a number with decimals: ###0\.00 however, I was wondering if it was
possible to have a custom format perform the same function, but with a comma
value as well e.g. (#,##0\.00) - this does not work.
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In that case 123456 shows as: 123,456.00

I assume that the OP wants: 1,234.56

I can only assume it is for easy data entry and the Op is going to divide
the number by 100 when it is used. Although having to enter an extra double
zero for whole numbers would cause me more trouble than entering e decimal
point.

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"TamIam" wrote:

Good day,

I am currently using a custom format to automatically display a whole
number
as a number with decimals: ###0\.00 however, I was wondering if it was
possible to have a custom format perform the same function, but with a
comma
value as well e.g. (#,##0\.00) - this does not work.
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Brilliant! Thank you!

--
Thanks for your help!

"TamIam" wrote:

Good day,

I am currently using a custom format to automatically display a whole number
as a number with decimals: ###0\.00 however, I was wondering if it was
possible to have a custom format perform the same function, but with a comma
value as well e.g. (#,##0\.00) - this does not work.
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

You may be right in what you think the OP wants Sandy........I guess it's all
in how the reader perceives it......woulda probably been clearer if the OP
would have provided an example.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3