LAM

Default I want to format a number cell without the decimal and without ro.

I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after
the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display
leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the
decimal from the number.
bj

If if needs to stay a number with the same value, I don't think you can do it.
If you can change the value Just multiple the number by ten to the number of
decimal places.
If it can be text set up a new column and use
=substitute(a1,".',"")

"LAM" wrote:

I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after
the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display
leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the
decimal from the number.

LAM

The column needs to be formatted numeric. This is a file that will be
transmitted to the bank to verify Payables check amounts. It is called an
ARP Standard Issue Input Format. If it is "Standard" I wonder why it is so
difficult to do? I am creating a .csv file from our Payables system with all
of the information needed. It is formatting it for the ARP Standard that is
giving me fits.

"LAM" wrote:

I need to format the number cell so that it will still show the numbers after
the decimal, but not show the decimal point at all. It must also display
leading zeros, which is not a problem. I just need a way to strip the
decimal from the number.

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:22:01 -0700, LAM wrote:

The column needs to be formatted numeric. This is a file that will be
transmitted to the bank to verify Payables check amounts. It is called an
ARP Standard Issue Input Format. If it is "Standard" I wonder why it is so
difficult to do? I am creating a .csv file from our Payables system with all
of the information needed. It is formatting it for the ARP Standard that is
giving me fits.

I don't know what that format is.

If you were in the US, then possibly this format is merely dollars and cents,
without the decimal.

If that is the case your original numbers should have two decimal precision.

Just multiply the numbers by 100.

If some of these values are the result of computations, ROUND them to two
decimal first.

e.g. =100*ROUND(A1,2)

How to do this most easily depends on more information than you have posted.

--ron

LAM

For example, my input data file brings in the amount 72208.88. For the
submission file this entry needs to appear 000007220888
The decimal is implied and the amount needs to be right justified and zero
filled, with the column width at 12.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

[...]

Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:37:03 -0700, LAM wrote:

For example, my input data file brings in the amount 72208.88. For the
submission file this entry needs to appear 000007220888
The decimal is implied and the amount needs to be right justified and zero
filled, with the column width at 12.

Since you are exporting it as a CSV file with a fixed (12) number of spaces in
the column, justification should be irrelevant.

To convert your numbers:

=TEXT(ROUND(A1*100,2),"000000000000")

Then copy/paste special values back over the original numbers.

--ron