Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rh+ Rh+ is offline

Default Compare side by side stuck

I started a side by side compare in excel and the program closed abnormally
before I closed the side by side compare and now when I call up this
worksheet, there are two worksheets with the same name except one is :1 and
the other is :2 at the end of the name.

I cannot find a way to turn the side by side off and reutrn to a normal
worksheet.

Any suggestions.
--
Rh+
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the window which has the :2 at the end of the name (by clicking
on it) then use the close icon (X) for the WINDOW - not the Excel
close icon. This will leave you with just the one window open, which
you can then maximise. Save the file to ensure that the second window
is not there when opened in the future.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 31, 3:54 pm, Rh+ wrote:
I started a side by side compare in excel and the program closed abnormally
before I closed the side by side compare and now when I call up this
worksheet, there are two worksheets with the same name except one is :1 and
the other is :2 at the end of the name.

I cannot find a way to turn the side by side off and reutrn to a normal
worksheet.

Any suggestions.
--
Rh+

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Close one of the sheets using the "x" on that sheet not the workbook "x"

Or CTRL + w to close the active window.

Save the workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:54:00 -0700, Rh+ wrote:

I started a side by side compare in excel and the program closed abnormally
before I closed the side by side compare and now when I call up this
worksheet, there are two worksheets with the same name except one is :1 and
the other is :2 at the end of the name.

I cannot find a way to turn the side by side off and reutrn to a normal
worksheet.

Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Jul 31, 6:18 pm, Rh+ wrote:
This worked. Thank you.
--
Rh+

On Jul 31, 3:54 pm, Rh+ wrote:
I started a side by side compare in excel and the program closed abnormally
before I closed the side by side compare and now when I call up this
worksheet, there are two worksheets with the same name except one is :1 and
the other is :2 at the end of the name.

I cannot find a way to turn the side by side off and reutrn to a normal
worksheet.

Any suggestions.
--
Rh+- Hide quoted text -