Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Importing Data Into Excel

I want to import data into microsoft excel, from Oracle Public Sector
Budgeting. The worksheet I want to import has over 200,000 lines, yet the
excel sheet can only contain a maximum of 65,536 lines. Any body knows how
this can be done, or if its possible?

Thanks

Norma
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

of course you can not use Excel 2003. The quick way to get aroud is export
all this to a text file or a CSV file and then you can partly import this
file to Excel on differenet worksheets. Also you can build any pivots etc on
this text file even without transferring it to Excel.

Hope this helps!!
--
Pranav Vaidya
VBA Developer

"Norma" wrote:

I want to import data into microsoft excel, from Oracle Public Sector
Budgeting. The worksheet I want to import has over 200,000 lines, yet the
excel sheet can only contain a maximum of 65,536 lines. Any body knows how
this can be done, or if its possible?

Thanks

Norma

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Norma

This KB article shows how to import the data into multiple sheets.

Getting it back in one piece would require copying each sheet and pasting to a
file.

Probably best to check with the excel.programming group for methods on copying
to a file.

Ron de Bruin's Copy/Paste/Merge section may have sometthing you can use.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP