Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can't Stop Date Values from Changing to Formulas

I have a very old spreadsheet,which appears to have been converted from Lotus
at some point, which will not allow me to type a date in a cell without it
automatically converting it to a formula after I hit ENTER. This obviously
results in a value which I don't want to see. I can't seem to delete the
equal sign from any of the cells with dates in them. I delete it, hit ENTER,
then it appears again.

It only happens on the one sheet in question and appears to be related to
how it was converted from Lotus. Any ideas how to turn off this property? I
validated that the sheet is saved in Microsoft Excel format.

Willy V
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:48:03 -0700, WillyV
wrote:

I have a very old spreadsheet,which appears to have been converted from Lotus
at some point, which will not allow me to type a date in a cell without it
automatically converting it to a formula after I hit ENTER. This obviously
results in a value which I don't want to see. I can't seem to delete the
equal sign from any of the cells with dates in them. I delete it, hit ENTER,
then it appears again.

It only happens on the one sheet in question and appears to be related to
how it was converted from Lotus. Any ideas how to turn off this property? I
validated that the sheet is saved in Microsoft Excel format.

Willy V

Tools/Options/Transition

Deselect the Sheet Options (I can't recall if it is transition formula entry or
evaluation).
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck the Lotus Transition checkboxes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP