Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Totally wierd

I have been using Excel for years and am runing 2003.
I have a file with 4 worksheets.
The first (1) worksheet is where I imput some data into various cells.
The second (2) is a Company Report whis is specifiec to only some of the
data.

Therefore I am using the simple formula reference process. In sheet "2" I
type "=" prior to going to pointing to the cell I want to reference in sheet
"1". With both cells formatted as "Text" it returns a "0", sometimes and a
few cells over it works fine.

I've never seen anything like it? Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the source cell is empty the formula cell will return 0. If don't want to
see a 0 then try it like this:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Fritz" wrote in message
I have been using Excel for years and am runing 2003.
I have a file with 4 worksheets.
The first (1) worksheet is where I imput some data into various cells.
The second (2) is a Company Report whis is specifiec to only some of the
data.

Therefore I am using the simple formula reference process. In sheet "2" I
type "=" prior to going to pointing to the cell I want to reference in
sheet
"1". With both cells formatted as "Text" it returns a "0", sometimes and a
few cells over it works fine.

I've never seen anything like it? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That sounds like a cell that's formatted as TEXT.

Select the cell in question.
Goto FormatCellsNumber tabGENERALOK
With the suspect cell still selected hit function key F2 then hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Fritz" wrote:

I have been using Excel for years and am runing 2003.
I have a file with 4 worksheets.
The first (1) worksheet is where I imput some data into various cells.
The second (2) is a Company Report whis is specifiec to only some of the
data.

Therefore I am using the simple formula reference process. In sheet "2" I
type "=" prior to going to pointing to the cell I want to reference in
sheet
"1". With both cells formatted as "Text" it returns a "0", sometimes and
few cells over it works fine.

I've never seen anything like it? Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

If both cells are formated as text you should see the formula you post not
the "0".
format the cells as General if you are going to use a formula