Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Totally wierd

That sounds like a cell that's formatted as TEXT.

Select the cell in question.
Goto FormatCellsNumber tabGENERALOK
With the suspect cell still selected hit function key F2 then hit ENTER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Fritz" wrote in message
What I should have added is that sometimes it entry remains just as typed
insted of converting it to a formula?

"Fritz" wrote:

I have been using Excel for years and am runing 2003.
I have a file with 4 worksheets.
The first (1) worksheet is where I imput some data into various cells.
The second (2) is a Company Report whis is specifiec to only some of the
data.

Therefore I am using the simple formula reference process. In sheet "2" I
type "=" prior to going to pointing to the cell I want to reference in
sheet
"1". With both cells formatted as "Text" it returns a "0", sometimes and
few cells over it works fine.

I've never seen anything like it? Any ideas?