Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Validation List AutoFill

I had the understanding the cells with validation lists could not be
autofilled. For example if I have a list of three people

Tim
Jake
Jim

and I type J in the cell it autofills Jake, but if I type Ji it autofills
Jim. I thought that this wasn't possible, but I just downloaded and Excel
worksheet from VS.NET that Microsoft makes that utilizes a validation list
that autofills. Does anyone know how to make that happen, or is it a
programming issue that I need to put in the Excel Programming Discussion
Group?

Thanks,
ACFalcon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar for that

put it in the cell, right click it, select view properties, put the cell
range in the ListFillRange as

A1:A10 (no equal sign)

select

0-fmMatchEntryFirstLetter

in the MatchEntry option

close it, then click the triangular ruler to leave design mode

Peo Sjoblom