Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Users in One Sheet

Hello, is there a way to grant access for multiple people into one
spreadsheet located on a shared drive? So that a group of people could go in
and work on it at the same time and save changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are right, I am referring to a workbook, sorry.

Are there any major concerns you see with sharing a workbook? You seem to
stress reading up on the subject

"nabanco" wrote in message
Hello, is there a way to grant access for multiple people into one
spreadsheet located on a shared drive? So that a group of people could go
in
and work on it at the same time and save changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes. When you have more than one person working on a workbook, you can have
more than one person change the same cell(s). Someone is normally in charge
of a workbook and supervises the changes made to it. With Tools/Track
Changes, you can see who changed what and accept or reject any changes. I
change cell A6 to "Bill". Someone else changes A6 to "Charlie". And yet
someone else changes A6 to "Anita". Who makes the decision what should be in
A6? The person in charge of the workbook, usually the owner, using
Tools/Track Changes to see who made the changes to A6 makes the decision as
to what A6 should be.You can also distribute the workbook to multiple users
and then merge the distributed workbooks later, and someone has to make
decisions regarding conflicts - if two or more people change the same
thing(s), whose changes take priority? I strongly suggest you read up on
this. It is called workbook collaboration.