Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiple users to update the spread sheet at one given time

How do I setup excel so multiple users can update the template at one given
time. Also that the new updates save at the end of the day. I am trying to
achive dublication of work.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give each user a separate copy of the template
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gary,

My overall achivement here is to have one excel spreadsheet that multiple
users have updated. If I give them each a copy of the template then I would
have to marge the data onto one spreadsheet.

I can see putting the template out on a shared drive for all to access.
However I want more then one user to be able to access it at one time.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Give each user a separate copy of the template
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200731

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In the Excel "Tools" menu, choose "Share Worksheet" then set your Shared
worksheet settings.

Beware, however, that this sharing feature is a bit flaky and tends to cause
problems and sometimes corrupt workbooks.

--
Thanks,
Jessa Lillge