Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return Value of last cell in column with a value in Excel?

Is there an Excel funtion that calls the last value in a column? For example
I have a column that will be continuosly added to (through barcode scan) and
I need the last value in that column to show up in a specific cell. It sounds
so simple. there has to be a built in function, is there not? And if not can
someone help me with the code? (I don't know VBA too well, but understand the
logic)

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As long as there are no empty/blank cells within the range:

=INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP